Treatments for heart conditions
The main aims of treatment for heart conditions are to:
- prevent the heart disease getting worse
- prevent complications of heart disease
- ease the strain on your heart
- control any symptoms you have
- help you maintain as high a level of activity as possible
- improve your quality of life
In treating a heart condition, you often have to make lifestyle changes and self-manage your condition. For information on this aspect, see reducing the risks to your heart and living with a heart condtion.
As well as lifestyle changes, you can be treated with:
13 February 2020
How can we improve this page?
Help us improve NHS inform
Feedback Alert Title